Check out our press kit !
A different kind of space sim
You are at the helm of a company - you can grow it into an empire. You can own dozens of ships, mines, factories...
Helium Rain features a dynamic price model that works as a free market. There is demand for everything, it's up to you to match it. If a competitor is doing better, sending destroyers is always an option.
- Fly any ship of your fleet, including fighters, freighters or capital ships.
- Do as you please, whether you want to become a wealthy merchant or a fierce pilot.
- Customize your ship, change your equipment, buy new gear.
We want to build a world that feels real. Your ships have generators, radiators, weapons, engines, cargo bays or life support systems - they all work together. Every thruster on your ship plays a role. Aim for engines to pin down your enemies, or send them spinning around by destroying power stations. Most of our ships have more than thirty individual parts !
You can customize the most important parts of your ships - your main engines, attitude control thrusters and weapons. You can choose your colors, and of course, you can fly every ship in the game.
The massive gas giant Nema is your new home. Surrounded by rings of metal and rock, the planet is a near-infinite source of fuel. Helium Rain gives you an empire to build, but you will need to claim it for yourself, and defend it against your competitors. It's up to you to decide if you will trade resources, start wars, or avoid trouble.
About the team
Helium Rain is brought to you by Deimos Games. The game team is made of :
- Gwennaël 'Stranger' ARBONA - Art & UI
- Frédéric 'Niavok' BERTOLUS - Gameplay programming
- Daisy HERBAUT - Music
- Jérôme MILLION-ROUSSEAU - Game logo
About your computer
The game is built for high-end Windows and Linux computers. We recommend the following :
- a high-end video card such as the nVidia GTX 1070 or the AMD RX 480;
- a quad-core processor ;
- 8GB of RAM ;
- a modern 64-bits operating system (Windows 7 to 10 / Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04).
We don't support Mac OS X or other platforms.
Frequently asked questions
Why is there no Mac or console version available ?
We will launch the game on operating systems that we know and use to build the game itself. We lack the time and resources to support additionnal platforms at the moment.
Are there any plans for multiplayer support ?
We won’t offer multiplayer in Helium Rain, because :
- we want to give great power to the player, such as destroying factions, starting wars or literally taking over the world ;
- the fast, physically-based gameplay of the game wouldn’t fit multiplayer very well ;
- we want the game to be available offline.
Is there support for modding ?
Modding tools are being considered, but we can’t share any details right now. We will probably support user-created content at some point but gameplay mods are more challenging.
Can I record the game to create and share gameplay videos, podcasts, etc ?
We enthusiastically support anyone willing to share pictures or videos of Helium Rain on the Internet, even through monetized channels. We only ask that you credit the game, either by name or through a direct link to our home page.